Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A New Lease of Life


I lost a childhood toy … but have the memory of the person who gave me that gift with unconditional love.

I lost the privileges and fantasies of childhood … but had the opportunity of growing and living free.

I lost a lot of people whom I loved and still love … but had the affection and now have model from their lives.

I lost moments of life because I cried instead of smiling … but I discovered that: it is from planting love that love is harvested.

I lost many things many times in my life. But in that “loss,” today I aspire for the value of “gain;”

… because it is always possible to fight for that which we love; and because there is always time to start all over again.

It is not important the time of life when you tired. Important is that it is always possible and necessary to restart. Re-birthing is a new opportunity; it is renewing the hopes in life; and more importantly, it is believing in oneself.


Feeling quite emotionally turbulent nowadays, after reading this poem, i couldn't help but to rest my mind upon this phrase and savor the meaning of it.

"Courage, is not the absence of fear, but rather, it is the judgement of something more important than fear"

Studying in International Education Centre is not a bed of roses, as many perceive. There are many tears shed under the veil, feelings to be comforted, hearts to be mend. Taking the first step into INTEC does not automatically guarantee you a financially and socially stable life, instead, it's like throwing yourself into a lion den, where one must fight with all one's might, by tooth and claw, to survive or to perish. There's no middle grounds. Either you make it, or you don't.

I am not ashamed to say that at times, i see myself reconsidering whether i should have chosen a different path that destiny had laid for me. At times, i see myself, like a billion other lost souls, just wondering whether we made the right choice.

Then, i remembered :

Do not go where the path may lead, go where instead where there is no path and leave a trail

As i contemplate about my parents, my friends, Boys' Brigade and all the others who sowed the seed of hope in me, i WILL stand up and i will bring the fight against difficulties to its door. I WILL not give up without a fight, i WILL go on, i WILL survive, because i believe strongly that the brick walls are not there to stop me, they are there to show others how badly i want something, the brick walls are there to stop others.

Tomorrow, i truly believe, will be a better day, a better time and i WILL be ready to live, a new lease of life



1 comment:

Cindy said...

lolzzzz........man! you have such a touching expression and words about your new life. A new starting.............keep moving ya!
** your english too high class!!**