Had a simple chat with an ex-BNTS trainee last night and we were exchanging ideas on leadership and roles on which he can do in his daily life. After that, i sent him a simple message of encouragement and what he sent back was way more valuable that what i could ever give. Just two words.
"Thanks, Sgt"
Simple as it may be, but its meaning was profound to me. I had quit Boys' Brigade for over 4 years now and to have someone still calling me by my ex-rank is really heart warming. A simple appreciation really paves a long way to the feeling of being remembered, valued and respected.
This morning i woke up feeling extremely great and suddenly i had a strong feeling about the phrase 'there's a reason to the meeting of people in your life, and it's up to you to create and define that meaning' I've known that all along but i never did really make any conscious effort to make and define the purpose of having meeting the people i have had in my life. The chat with the Boy really made me feel indifferent and re-energized once again to do what i do in BNTS and i want to make a resolution in life too,
I want to add value to the people i meet in my life.
I want to help people achieve their dreams.
I want to win with people
Leaders are people who have gone ahead, look back and help pull the people along with him. Leaders are people who help move everyone to cross the finishing line together and i want to be that kind of person, not only to BNTS trainees but also to the people i've met in life. But in order to add value to people, i have to first expand myself. I cannot lead and expand people if i myself do not expand further than them.
Things that i want to do during the 3 months break prior to furthering my studies in UK,
- Learn Japanese and German language
- Learn up on financial skills and knowledge
- Upgrade my problem solving skills
- Discover the best way to studying and learning
- Learning to play Sudoku
- Learn more on leadership skills
- Re-read and apply Mind Conditioning technologies on my life
.........and make a list for all of them to do one thing for each per day !
This is so going to be an exciting holiday with lotsa activities and growing opportunities ! =D
I have also designated a few people i've met in life to whom i will dedicate to help grow and add value to in life. To me, they are all potential eagles and all of them have the best imbued in them, and i hope, as a leader, i can help them discover and bring out the best they have in them.
There are so many eagles in my life. Sometimes, i think all they need is just a simple push off the cliff for them to fly and soarAdding value to people, that's one unforgettable lesson i learn from two words "Thanks Sgt".
I hope i am able to add value to the people around me.
I hope i can help you guys be the best you guys can be.
I just hope that with God grace, i can finally make a difference =)
"Each of us are born for a reason but most of us do not make the effort to discover why. Success in life is not determined by how much you have done or accomplished in life. It's how many people you help along the way." ~ Danny Thomas


3 comments:
play sudoku? lol. challenge you next time. haha. :)
my goodness xavier..
Keep up the good work!!
(all i've been doing so far .. involves cleaning up, arranging, sorting, rebooting pc, painting house, playing badminton and downloading software.. and learning Photoshop)...
which doesn't really compare to your list. But God Bless!!
So true we only have one life which is why I choose to learn golf even I am reaching 60!
Post a Comment