While there, i saw an inscription on a plaque, telling a story called "Footprints In The Sand".
Last night I had a dream. I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonged to me, the other to the Lord.
After the last scene of my life flashed before me, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that at many times along the path of my life, especially at the very lowest and saddest times, there was only one set of footprints.
This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it. “Lord, you said once I decided to follow you, You’d walk with me all the way. But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.”
The Lord replied, “My son, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of suffering, when you could see only one set of footprints, it was then when I carried you.”
"When you could only see one set of footprints, it was then when i carried you."This story used to be my favourite, and now, it still remains as that.
Looking back, i've lived for almost one fifth of a century and that's a long time.
Some ask, "do you have any mistakes?"
Yes...more than i can count.
Some ask, "do you regret them?"
I used to, now i don't.
There is no longer any reason for me to stay behind in my past. I made the decisions back then, given the circumstances, the choices, the conditions, i made them to the best i can. Further down into the future, i cannot predict, but i just make them. After that, right or wrong, i just move on. It sounds more pragmatic and realistic in sense.
If my decisions are wrong, well, i did what i could, i learn from them and i forgive myself and i move on; right, then well that's good, but that doesn't mean i am going to keep on being right. Making mistakes is inevitable, the more decisions you make, the more mistakes you're gonna make and life, is all about making decisions.

The only people who don't mistake are the people who don't make decision. God did not give us the ability to make right decisions all the time; but he did gave us the discernment to make wrong things right.
I pray everyday that God will give me the courage to make decisions, no matter right or wrong, and see them through to the best of my abilities because i know, no matter how bad it gets, surely, there'll only be a set of footprints on the sand, and that was then when my Lord carries me through.
Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. And faith, faith my friend is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see ^^

1 comment:
jiayou =)
ming
Post a Comment