People who THINK they knows me, thinks i am a good speaker and a good communicator.
People who ACTUALLY knows me ( though a few ) knows i do not like to talk a lot. Don't know since when i started changing, but i prefer listening and observing to talking now.Talking and communicating is still one of the many weaknesses i am trying to work on.
I'm working on my verbal skillsNow don't get me wrong, i am not talking about my presentation skills *though it still needs some polishing and fine-tuning*. No. I'm talking more about socializing. The part where we see friends and start talking about anything under the sun. I suck big time when it comes to that part.
I remembered what my German language lecturer used to joke. She said,
Wish i have 10% of the latter's characteristics LOL
I remembered what my German language lecturer used to joke. She said,
"Ein Mann ein Wort, eine Frau ein Worterbuch"
( One man one word, one woman one whole dictionary )
( One man one word, one woman one whole dictionary )
Wish i have 10% of the latter's characteristics LOLIt's true when i said i don't like to talk much. My friends and i, we've been hanging out in Sunway for a few times.
That's my groupies
*Gosh, it's been like only a week and i'm missing them so much*
That's my groupies*Gosh, it's been like only a week and i'm missing them so much*
When we hung out there, i always like to look and observe and i very rarely talk about any stuff. I don't know why. I just don't feel like talking because i can't think of anything i can comment or talk on.
You know sometimes when you sit in the kopitiam ( coffee shops ) and hear people talking about virtually anything to their pals ? Well i just can't. That's why i really envy my friends who are able to start a very engaging conversation. Me ? Nah... i'm the listener, rarely the person who talks and contribute points. I love listening. You won't believe what people tells nowadays or let slip ^^
But i think i can communicate relatively well through online messaging services ( read, MSN messenger ) or using SMSes. Those i can handle, i can actually talk non-stop there; but if you ask me to meet you up, my mind will go all blank and i will struggle with even one phrase. Ahh.. just one of the 'unexplainables' of life.
I remembered my officer used to tell me,
"There are people who have strong verbal skills and can communicate well. Meanwhile, there are also others who are more of a literal/writer type who is more expressive using words than mouth. I guess you're the latter type."
I'm more expressive with words
You know sometimes when you sit in the kopitiam ( coffee shops ) and hear people talking about virtually anything to their pals ? Well i just can't. That's why i really envy my friends who are able to start a very engaging conversation. Me ? Nah... i'm the listener, rarely the person who talks and contribute points. I love listening. You won't believe what people tells nowadays or let slip ^^
But i think i can communicate relatively well through online messaging services ( read, MSN messenger ) or using SMSes. Those i can handle, i can actually talk non-stop there; but if you ask me to meet you up, my mind will go all blank and i will struggle with even one phrase. Ahh.. just one of the 'unexplainables' of life.
I remembered my officer used to tell me,
"There are people who have strong verbal skills and can communicate well. Meanwhile, there are also others who are more of a literal/writer type who is more expressive using words than mouth. I guess you're the latter type."
I'm more expressive with wordsAnother 'unexplain-ables' is, if you ask me to talk about casual stuff like 'howd'ya doing' or stuff like that, i'd give you a blank stare. But, but, if you ask me to give opinions and facts, i can talk non-stop and ideas will keep flowing out. No idea why though...
Kinda ironic. Things that you need to think ( opinions, arguments and stuff ) i can give it spontaneously; Casual chat ( about the weather ? ) i would have to think for a few seconds. Weird huh ?
Guess God distributes gifts differently to all people and yeah, i guess He works in mysterious ways LOL *smirks :)*

Now would anyone like to have a casual chat with me ? =P
Kinda ironic. Things that you need to think ( opinions, arguments and stuff ) i can give it spontaneously; Casual chat ( about the weather ? ) i would have to think for a few seconds. Weird huh ?
Guess God distributes gifts differently to all people and yeah, i guess He works in mysterious ways LOL *smirks :)*

Now would anyone like to have a casual chat with me ? =P
12 comments:
Echo!
I prefer listening in most situations. Intec changed me a bit. =)
*high five dude* !
Hahaha.. i think listening is so way more interesting as oppose to talking.. from what people say, you can deduce their character.. interesting i'd say !
yes i agree u r a good listener :D
that's why u r a good comrade h0h0
everyone is different in his/her way,and that's beautiful :D
Thanks ! Hahaha... why the word comrade ? You make me sound like a communist.. haha
I am different from you... ...
I am rather complicated yet simplistic... ...
I like to talk, but people don't really like to talk with me... ...
Not everyone can really talk with me, coz my mind diverge and converge spontaneously and randomly... ...
I can force people to conclude something they don't want to conclude, or force two irrelevant things to be comparable without even their notice... ...
it is kinda stressed if you want to chat with me... ...
hehe, wana take the challenge? :P
Btw, i like reading your blog!
Just as what they said about you, you are a really good writer
hey xavier.. your blog's AWESOME. like.. WOW.. haha =D really =) you write really well.. and who said you can't talk well? you can.. i've talked to you =)
haha. take care man. =D link me if you can. hahahah =)
Awww... I'll talk casually to you
Kira : Hahaha.. you have a strange way of bending others to your will lol... hehe.. yeah, i tried that once remember ? Ended up with a stroke an a heart attack. Hahaha.. Thanks dude, when are you going to start yours ? XD
Isaac : Aww.. thanks man ! But that's when i am in a mood to talk lol.. and it seldom happens so XD I like your blog too.. lotsa pics ! Keep up the good job !
Tsar : Don't you always ?
God gives Man two ears and only one mouth, so one should listen twice as much as one speaks.
Wah! So many people praising your blog! Hehehehehehehe!
Man was given 2 nostrils too. So sniff more and sneeze more. =D
Two nostrils - smell more...but one mouth - so eat less! Hahahahaha!!!
Post a Comment