Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I doubted if I should ever come back
Yesterday night, i made a decision.
This morning 9.15 a.m., with one phone call, i sealed the pact.
I am through thinking. I am done with the contemplations. With a blind leap of faith, i have now stepped into uncharted waters, all alone.
I have no idea what is the outcome of this decision, for the better or for the worse. I've weighed my options, i've arranged strategies to counter all the problems that may arise because of this ONE single decision, but is it enough ? =(
This decision has the potential to rock the very foundation i am in right now. Sacrifices will be made, tears will be shed, and for the first time for a very long time, i am scared. This decision will expose me to a lot of unforeseen problems, despite my effort to "look down one as far as I could, to where it bent in the undergrowth". I am now more vulnerable than before, i need my friends, more than ever.

It is just i and i alone against the world
But still, despite its terrifying consequences, i see it not a luxury but a necessity for my future, for the greater good. It is, and has been part of the big picture of life, MY life. *Sigh*
No use pondering on it now, i've sealed the pact, i have done the deal. Whether or not this decision will bring harm or good, the responsibility of this decision lies in me and me alone and i alone shall walk down this road.
The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn. I'm on my own. And i know what i gotta do. Because i am the one who'll decide where i am to go in life, for the better or for the worse.
This is truly the point of no return, for the better of for the worse. And i am scared.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference.
~adapted from The Road Not Taken

I hope i have made the right decision.
P.S. Thank you Ah Hwa for your constant support and for providing me with informations. I am lucky to have a good friend like you. =D
13 comments:
Can you summarise that in not more than 150 words? You're speaking in riddles...so dunno what this is all about!
It's suppose to be like that...
Because he blogged to those who know what is happening on him... ...
i will be confused also if i didn't refer to his benefactor's blog
my simple suggestion and advice
even though i am not that type of "good" friend
Just TAKE it, bro! What are you waiting for?
You think you are alone! NO!
I can truly, and deeply, understand your feeling! SERIOUSLY!
you might be the only one who did this in INTEC, but you are definitely not the only one in this world who choose this road... ...
Obviously, God will always be with you, so what are you afraid of??
Lack of confidence in you yourself or God Himself?
Just remember, never regret on what you have choose.
It is not easy, but it is not difficult either. It depends on the decision maker- U
One day, you will understand... ...
拿bio 的人,不一定会死在考场上
他们只是学了比没拿bio的人更多的东西
我也没看不起物理,只是我缺少了一个很好的老师。而那是你有而我没有的福气。
Anonymous, thanks for your support and encouraging words. I really appreciate it. May i know who you are ?
xavier,u are not alone!! if u feel it's hard to make decision,ur friends and comrades always there for you~~ ;)
ouh btw, i really love that poem :D
Thanks Dina ! I appreciate it =D Of course the problem now is not making the decision, it's carrying out the decision that's the hardest part
I am kira... ...
i forgot my account password that day
Thank you akira.. welcome.. lol lol lol...
so, the unknown explained. =)
that day the words and style did reminded me of someone, just a vague feeling, didnt know it was you akira. lol
words and style??? LOLZ, ok ok... ...
gambate, xavier
i am not boasting anything,
but taking maths, physics, bio and che together is very common in A-level.
I plan to take further maths as my 6th subj when i am in A-level too :p
Imitation of the others in taylors, (and I AM NOT BOASTING OR BRAGGING about myself, just telling the truth and facts.) (just in case, somme of those th students know any fucking shit i am talking about)
I believe you can
Julius also take physics too as an extra, u shd ask his opinion... ...
Akira you're funny,.. haha.. i can see you've changed so much for the greater good, i'm proud of you !
I know you are not bragging lol.. it's the truth. I'm not denying the fact that there are people having the same scnario as me, i am just worried about my capabilities. I am not exactly a very diligent, smart student ( like you ), you know ? haha
thanks for the compliment
But those who don't know got a lot to say about me just for the "smart" things
Somebody are ingenious, right? But I am not, seriously. All those rumors about i am a smart guy, are liars
But i am more than happy to help out
Just keep in your mind, don't get distracted by how people think about you, nor obsessed by how you think about you.
Gambate
share one phrase of my class... ...
never be afraid to try something new because life gets boring when you stay within the limits of what you already know
Post a Comment